Chicago (WLS) — A catering business not far from Midway Airport caught fire on Friday morning.
The Chicago Fire Department responded to the fire at about 3:30 am on the 6300 block of South Central Avenue.
By 4:30 a.m., the fire appeared to have started, but the building appeared to be completely lost.
Deadly skyscraper fire caused by careless use of smoking paraphernalia, Chicago Fire Department says
The adjacent apartment building had to be evacuated. A warming bus was sent to the scene.
An employee of the business said it was Georgis Catering, who has been serving the city for 77 years.
The business caters private planes at Midway and has also worked with Meals on Wheels.
Employees said about 2,000 Meals on Wheels meals won’t be distributed on Friday.
No injuries or displacements have been reported.
Copyright © 2023 WLS-TV. All rights reserved.